Just wondering, did you know I have to run 20 miles tomorrow?? If you’ve been within a 10 mile radius of me within the past week, I know you know cause I talk about it a lot! Why do I do that? My guess is that it is because I get a bit nervous about these long runs.
I am running 20 miles and Christy P and Legs are running 18 miles. Next week, I will be running 18 miles and they will be running 20 miles. Want to know why? Because I AM ON VACATION!! and tomorrow I am running 20 miles as part of a marathon relay team, which I will explain more about tomorrow.
Here are the race shirts-designed sort of by me (enhanced by Scott Eckland) and printed gorgeously by Scott Eckland at Chelsea Signs.
We also get medals! Tune in tomorrow for all the details!
So, today is a rest day, typical really. How did I spend it?
1) Relaxing was key, and here I am definitely relaxing, yet stimulating my mind with a great read by Tina Fey titled "Bossypants. " I also carbo loaded with bagels and a Mtn. Dew.
2) When in Rome.....I looked about and took in and appreciated my surroundings. This caused me to be happy and thus I was able to relax.
3) I spent some time with my marathon mentor getting lots of great advise about how to handle the team marathon relay tomorrow-as she is 25% of the team.
4) Developed strategy with the rest of the marathon team relay members.
5) HYDRATE! HYDRATE! HYDRATE!
6) MORE HYDRATING!
7) I ate a healthy lunch! Notice the total lack of french fries anywhere in the vicinity!
8) I felt it my duty as an American to support a new local business on its first day! The mini donut shop opened in the front portion of what used to be the laundry mat in downtown Siesta Key.
9) To just give money to a new local business doesn't really do anything. I made sure to test the product so I can personally refer the donut shop to someone else. My personal reputation as a quality referral service is on the line.
10) It started to rain and so we fled downtown with everyone else and checked into the place we are staying. Although the sun came back out, I had "work" to do to get ready for tomorrow's run.
11) After unpacking I set out my clothes for the run. Even though it was 6:00 p.m.. I like to do this in plenty of time in order to be prepared and hopefully deal with less hassles in the morning.
12) Made sure to hydrate, carbo load (Wheat Thins not showing), and take in a little protein before I finally hit the showers.
13) Thought I'd enhance my beauty routine with a little extra moisturizer, so I applied some aloe.
14) Caught up on blogging. I wanted to make sure my blogging mind is a clean slate tomorrow to tell the story of the 20 mile team marathon relay! So much to say, so much to learn.
15) Ate a healthy meal. It was my typical pasta, bread, salad, and milk prior to a long, Sunday run.
16) Went to bed at 10:00 because my husband is asleep, aunt is asleep, and uncle is watching OSU v. Kansas basketball game and I:
- Don’t care who wins
- Have to get up in 7 hours to run 20 miles.
Carry on friends, carry one.